Sunday, June 26, 2005

Game OVER!

OK, I have just about had it-no, I have had it! My stupid little city put another article in this Sundays paper, more statistics about how many graduates get a job, and what a full-time employed person made in 2003. OK, I SHOULD have made $44,900-median. Get this-do you know what a person who had LESS than HIGH SCHOOL made in 2003? Ready for this? $18,900. *Silence* I have a 4-year degree and I make MUCH less than someone who did not even finish high school!!You can argue and say that I should just leave this stupid city, but how can you when you don't even make enough money to move out of state!!! Not every employer will help you move, so where does that leave me? Stuck here.Is this true for you too? Kinda makes you wonder what kind of world you live in when you spend money on a degree and get nothing but a piece of paper and a BILL, when drop-outs can reach higher heights than you, something is EXTREMELY wrong, But, I have a plan. I am chasing The Life of Riley, and what I have recently latched onto to change my life is just about-God willing, in my grasp. Funny, but I was thinking one thing would take me there...but I've found something better and easier than the main way. "Mordor" has kept me and my family down for way too many years...they will pay for their ugliness. For all of you who KNOW where" Mordor" lies, and you were able to escape...keep reading and let us have the last laugh. As the wizard has sung, "Tables Will Turn". The universe will at last grant me what my heart desires.

No comments: